Thomas Stevens. The first man to successfully cross the U.S. by bicycle. He later went on to ride around the world.

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Grand Tetons National Park/Yellowstone National Park

I had to restrain myself from posting every one of the hundreds of pictures I took of the Grand Tetons. They were jaw dropping. Today I played around in Yellowstone. I had a few pretty steep climbs but at the top of each one was an amazing view so it made it a lot easier to motivate my legs to moving. I'm staying at Old Faithful tonight. For some weird reason they don't have campgrounds here so I had to spring for a hotel room. I convinced the hotel manager to let me stay in a room without heat or a bathroom for half the price. Money is tight and the weather is great for camping so I'd rather not pay for sleeping accommodations. Anyway, I'll be taking some pictures of Old Faithful at sunrise tomorrow so stay tuned. I'll be entering the great state of Montana tomorrow morning which I'm super excited about. I've wanted to explore Montana more than any other state on this trip and I'll finally be getting my chance. Hopefully the weather stays on my side. I'm a little disappointed that I haven't seen a single buffalo, moose, or bear so far. How I managed to cycle through Yellowstone and not see a single buffalo is beyond me. Montana, please come through for me with some wildlife!

















No comments:

Post a Comment