Thomas Stevens. The first man to successfully cross the U.S. by bicycle. He later went on to ride around the world.

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Day 3. Egg Harbor City to Cape May.

My last official day in NJ. By the time I arrived in Cape May I missed the last ferry to Delaware by fifteen minutes and was forced to spend the night. I got the cheapest motel I could find by the beach, threw off my clothes, and ran to the ocean. I'd been smelling the ocean for miles before I actually got to it. An amazing way to finish a very long day of riding in 90 degree weather. I got some really good steak, crab cakes, and clams. Watched some Shark Week. And passed out.

I tried washing my bike clothing in the sink of the hotel room. I'd been sweating in them for 3 days and they stunk. I dried them and wore them the next day and they seemed to smell even worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment